How can we help you?
The Lab’s failure investigations and materials testing services are there to help when incidents occur – to help you to find the answers you need to prevent the worst from happening again.
The Lab’s materials science experience
Our materials scientists are experienced in all aspects of failure investigation, including securing and documenting samples, laboratory analysis and forensic analyses to determine the cause of failures.
The range of advice and support they can provide includes:
- Providing recommendations on metallic design and materials selection for engineering applications
- Support for large-scale fabrication projects
- Quality and manufacturing disputes
- Technical consultancy in relation to weld repair and inspection techniques
- Corrosion analysis and advice on corrosion management
- Analysis of ferrous and non-ferrous metals, including rebar, steel coils, aluminium sheet/ingots and various finished products, as well as galvanised steel
- Assessment of the quality of raw materials and finished products and the effect of using contaminated/defective products in proven production processes
- Paint and coatings analysis
The Lab’s materials testing and technical engineering capabilities
Aside from our team of highly experienced and expert materials testing professionals, The Lab is also kitted out with industry-leading technology and equipment.
Choose The Lab and you can be assured that our recommendations and investigations use the very best equipment available.
With this blend of expertise and technology at hand, The Lab is able to offer a very broad range of failure investigations and materials testing services.
No matter what industry you operate in - be it the maritime, energy, manufacturing, or fabrication industries - The Lab will have a service that covers your failure investigations and materials testing requirements.
Our individual materials science services include:
Sample Handling, Preparation and Sectioning
Secure and professional storage
Preventative and Reactive Metallurgy Investigation
Chemical and Mechanical Material Identification and Hardness Testing
Advanced Digital Microscopy
Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
Paint and Coatings Analysis
Third Party Review Services and Witnessed Independent Analysis